AlphaTrack includes a 100mm, touch-sensitive, motorized fader which provides true 10-bit resolution for smooth and precise level control. AlphaTrack also has three touch-sensitive encoders, a feature previously found only on high-end gear costing thousands of dollars. These let you adjust track and plug-in parameters while the 32-character backlit display shows detailed feedback in response to your touch. The encoders provide quick control of pans, sends, EQ, plug-ins, and automation.
One of AlphaTrack's greatest innovations is its touch-sensitive jog and shuttle strip. Slide one finger across its surface and your project's timeline scrolls in response. Drop a second finger onto the strip, and now your fingers control the timeline's shuttle speed. Zoom through your project with two fingers, then just lift one finger and slide to quickly set the precise position you want. And you can also just tap on the left or right ends of the strip to navigate through your project's markers!
AlphaTrack also has a set of 22 buttons and 21 LED's, including standard transport controls, per track record, solo, mute, and automation indication, and encoder mode control. When supported by the computer application, a set of buttons can also be customized with user-programmable functions.
AlphaTrack connects to your computer using just a single USB cable. This makes it quite portable, easy to connect, and compatible with laptops since no additional power supply is needed. AlphaTrack's backpanel also includes a footswitch jack for easy punch-in recording. AlphaTrack works on Windows XP and Mac OS X (including Intel Macs) with applications including Cubase SX3 and Cubase 4, Nuendo 3.02+, Pro Tools, SONAR 4+, Reason 3.01+, Digital Performer 5+, Final Cut Pro, and more. Support for more applications will be added regularly.
Frontier Design AlphaTrack Features:
- Optimized for fast, high-quality DAW mixing and editing in a small footprint
- Intuitive, innovative, and powerful controls in an attractive package
- 100mm touch-sensitive, high-resolution (true 10-bit positions) motorized fader
- Three touch-sensitive encoders ... context-specific feedback appears on the 32-character backlit display
- Innovative touch-sensitive jog and shuttle strip for fast timeline control
- 22 buttons and 21 LED's for track-specific and global functions
- Works with Pro Tools, SONAR, Cubase, Reason, Digital Performer, Nuendo, and other DAW software applications
- Works on Windows XP and Mac OS X computers (Mac OS 10.3.9 or later), including Intel Macs
- Footswitch input on back panel
- No external power adapter required
- Single USB connection and small size make it great for laptops!
- Requirements: Windows XP (Service Pack 2 recommended) or Mac OS X (10.3.9+) operating system
- Computer Interface: powered full-speed USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port (unpowered hub connection not recommended)
- Power: From USB port; no external adapter required
- Included Items: AlphaTrack control surface, 6 foot USB cable, CD-ROM, Quick Start Guide
- Size: 8.5" x 6" x 3" (22 cm x 15 cm x 7.5 cm)
- Weight: 1 lb. 2 oz. (510 grams)
- One 100mm touch-sensitive, motorized fader
- One 32-character backlit display
- Three touch-sensitive encoders, with push-button function
- Buttons: REW, FFWD, STOP, PLAY, RECORD, SHIFT, MUTE, SOLO, REC-ARM, FLIP, IN, OUT, LOOP, PAN, SEND, EQ, PLUG-IN, AUTO, F1, F2, F3, F4
- Indicators: RECORD, SHIFT, MUTE, SOLO, REC, FLIP, IN, OUT, LOOP, PAN, SEND, EQ, PLUG-IN, AUTO, F1, F2, F3, F4
There are no demos at this time.
Check out the Consoles and Controllers Section in Alan Parsons' Art & Science Of Sound Recording series. A stream will cost you just 99¢.